Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The House!

So, the house is coming along well.  I'm actually posting this because I'm procrastinating...really don't feel like doing anything.  It's raining and gross outside, Evil is asleep in my lap and Chanel is at my feet, and Food Network is on.  But Kara is off at her first day of work, so I should have some stuff done when she gets home.

Today so far, I've gotten the primer/sealer on the ceiling we installed in the kitchen and bathroom.  But total work done on the house is new paint in the living room, dining room, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom.  New ceiling in the kitchen and bathroom, floor torn out of the attic, trees cut in the back yard to start cleaning up the fence line, and all the furniture moved into the house.  I have to arrange the furniture this week while I wait for my transfer at Staples to go through. Hopefully I can get completely unpacked.  We'll see lol.

But so far, Kara and I LOVE Salisbury.  We are half a mile from the on ramp to route 50, which takes us directly to Ocean City, MD.  The locals have told us it takes under 30 minutes to get there.  The mall and right down to rad too, and a bajillion different restaurants. The people here are all super nice, and the neighbors are friendly. It's great down here.  We haven't gotten around to meeting too many new people, other than the neighbors and the cashiers at walmart, but still, they are all nice.  Hopefully, when we get around to getting back to school, we will still feel the same way.  We don't plan on starting school until January, because we have a full schedule for the summer and fall, what with a few weddings to go to, including our own, then our week long honeymoon to the Bahama's!  (Totally stoked for that!)

But, it's been 30 minutes since I put the last coat of primer on, so I suppose it's time to actually paint the ceiling now.

May the Force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment